I’ve been nominated! Remember Jen from withgigglesandgrace.com? She gave us some awesome encouragement on the blog last week. As a relatively new blogger, it has been a joy to get to know Jen and see what God has called her to do with her blog. She’s all about genuine community and sharing encouragement as well as fun crafts, recipes, etc. Well, I’m excited to say that she nominated me for this year’s Liebster’s Award which is an award for new bloggers, nominated by bloggers. What an honor! Thanks Jen!
And this award is fun! I get to share a blogger with you that I’ve enjoyed, some random facts about me, and I get to nominate other bloggers as well! Let’s get started!
A Favorite Blogger of Mine
One of my favorite bloggers as of late is Sarah Koontz. I stumbled upon her via Pinterest and knew right away she was someone I needed to follow closely. As a blogger, her website and her general blogging strategy are very inspiring to me. As an individual, I’ve benefited greatly from her weekly “Soulfood Saturday” newsletter as well as her blog posts. Her writing is so relatable and easy to read. And it’s all with the purpose of uplifting fellow saints, and glorifying God. I was given an opportunity to be a part of her recent “Worthy of the Calling” bible study launch, but unfortunately, the launch came right in the middle of my move, so I haven’t been able to participate as I would have liked. But now is my opportunity to share the study with you. I can’t wait to dig into it myself! Will you join me? Click the link below!
10 Random Facts About Me
- In college I wrote and recorded my very own… rap song!
- I have never been out of the country, but would love to someday!
- I actually like public speaking.
- I’m vegan. Or at least trying to be! I discovered recently that plants make me feel SO good, so I’m on a journey!
- I grew up in the country. Sitting in the creek behind our house and catching frogs was one of my favorite things to do as a kid.
- I tend to dance a little bit when I eat something particularly yummy. I never really noticed it until my kids started doing it too! Haha!
- If I’m in a deep conversation about something, you’ll usually see me fiddling with something in my hands.
- My hubby and I have been watching the show “Faceoff” since our honeymoon. We love it!! (Look it up!)
- At one point I pursued a photography business. I may get back to it someday, but for now, I’m loving blogging! 🙂
- I can be a little bit forgetful at times… but I’m working on it! 🙂
Jen’s Questions for Me:
1.What’s your favorite activity (outside of blogging, of course!)?
I love exploring! Sometimes that looks like walking in my neighborhood and just noticing new things and new people. Other times that means discovering a new city, store, etc.
2. What’s the one T.V. show that you hope(d) never goes (went) off the air?
White Collar! It wasn’t a show that I thought I would like, but my husband and I watched it together and it didn’t take long for me to be hooked. When it was over we were both so sad!
3.Why did you start blogging?
Before I started Becoming Kiona, I had a blog called Known that I started as a project for the year I took off from college. It was a way for me to express and challenge myself during a pivotal season of my life. Now I blog because I believe God has given me a passion and purpose to do so.
4. What’s your favorite holiday?
To be honest, I’m not sure what my favorite holiday is. I think growing up it was Christmas because there were so many special things surrounding the one day. The three most significant to me are Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving. I feel like they are such needed reminders. Such needed times to just pause and reflect on the importance of Jesus’ life and resurrection as well as my own life.
5. If you were to start a charity, who would it benefit?
Inner city youth and their families. I’ve wanted to start a not-for-profit organization for some time now, and I’ve always had a desire to build up those who might be underprivileged but maybe more so underestimated or overlooked.
6. Are you a morning person? If so, please help me with some tips!
Yes and no! I LOVE mornings… once I get up and have a cup of coffee in my hands. I end up being productive and creative in the quietness of the mornings… once I manage to get the covers off! 🙂
7. What’s one piece of advice you can give to new bloggers?
Research and decide on one strategy for your blog, and stick with it! So much of blogging (and life) is about consistency. Consistency will grow your blog. And as you grow your blog, consistency will grow you!
8. What’s your favorite social media platform?
Right now my favorite social media platform is Pinterest, but I just made the leap to Instagram and I think I’m starting to really enjoy it! 🙂
9. What’s your favorite season?
My favorite season is probably Spring. There is so much excitement that comes with new warmth, new life, and new beauty all around!
10. What are some goals you have for your website?
An immediate goal I have for my website is to get more reader interaction. Long-term, I would love for that interaction to turn into a really authentic community of women who want to become all that God has created them to be!
Thanks again Jen! This was fun!
Questions for My Nominees
- What does your name mean?
- What is your ideal climate?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
- What is your dream vacation?
- If your friends and family could only use one word to describe you, what would it be?
- What is your favorite topic to write about?
- What is one goal you have that you want to accomplish by the end of the year?
- When and why did you start your blog?
- What’s your favorite place to go out to eat?
Liebster Award 2017 Rules for Nominees
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post, or by having it as the feature image.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions from your nominator.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 200 followers.
- Ask your nominees questions of your own.
- List these rules in your post.
- Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award
- provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
You can find the official rules Here .